The global economy is facing headwinds in the aftermath of the pandemic. The pandemic has made work from home the new normal, and one of the major difficulties among organisations was the lack of communication between the employees. To that end, Microsoft has unveiled an AI-powered employee experience platform, dubbed, Viva.
Microsoft is taking various steps to help employees adapt to the new work environment with measures such as offering access to the digital skills for those who lost their jobs during the pandemic, employees with lower incomes, underrepresented minorities, etc.
Last year, the company launched an initiative to help 25 million people gain digital skills needed in a COVID-19 economy. In a similar vein, the tech giant has launched the AI-based employee experience platform, Microsoft Viva.
Microsoft Viva combines the best of Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365 to unify the employee experience across four key areas: engagement, wellbeing, learning and knowledge.
The platform has four modules specifically focused on knowledge, insights, communications and learning:
- Viva Connections: A personalised gateway to the digital workplace where employees can access internal communications and resources of the company. The employees can also participate in forums like employee resource groups from Microsoft Teams.
- Viva Insights: Provides personalised and actionable insights. Besides utilising the data and signals from the Microsoft apps, customers will now be able to incorporate the data from various third-party services like Workday, Zoom, Slack etc.
- Viva Learning: Viva Learning aggregates all the learning resources available to an organisation including content from Microsoft Learn, LinkedIn Learning and other third-party providers, such as Skillsoft, Coursera, edX, among others.
- Viva Topics: With the ability to integrate knowledge from several third-party services such as Salesforce, this module automatically surfaces topic cards within conversations and documents across Microsoft 365 and Teams.
The company has also announced the launch of Viva Learning app in private preview for Microsoft Teams. The app aims to empower every employee with new skills. The Viva Learning app for Microsoft Teams is a central hub where people can discover, share, assign, and learn from content libraries across the organisation including LinkedIn Learning, Microsoft Learn, and third-party content providers.
Benefits of Viva
- Microsoft Viva Learning empowers people to better themselves with employee training.
- Microsoft Viva Topics automatically organises content and expertise across your organisation, making it easy for people to find information and put knowledge to work.
- Viva Topics automatically organises content across apps and teams with built-in security and compliance features.
Join Our Telegram Group. Be part of an engaging online community. Join Here.
Subscribe to our NewsletterGet the latest updates and relevant offers by sharing your email.
A Technical Journalist who loves writing about Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. A lover of music, writing and learning something out of the box.