At Google Cloud’s second annual Data Cloud Summit, the search giant has announced new services to help organisations unlock new potential and elevate customer experiences.
The key announcements include:
- BigLake: Available in preview, BigLake is built to unify data warehouses and lakes to extend BigQuery’s capabilities, gain access control and performance acceleration across multicloud storage over a single copy of data. Managing data across disparate warehouses and lakes creates silos, increasing risk and cost, especially when data needs to be moved. BigLake eliminates the need to duplicate or move data from a source, reducing cost and inefficiencies.
- Spanner change streams allows customers to track changes within their Spanner database and easily access and integrate this data with other systems to unlock new value from data.
- Vertex AI Workbench (GA): Now generally available, Vertex AI Workbench brings data and ML systems into a single interface so that teams have a common toolset across data analytics, data science, and machine learning. Now customers can access their BigQuery directly from within Vertex AI Workbench.
- Vertex AI Model Registry: Available in preview, Vertex AI Model Registry provides a central repository for discovering, using, and governing machine learning models, including those in BigQuery ML. Vertex AI Model Registry makes it easy for data scientists to share models and application developers to consume, which means that they can easily turn data into real-time prediction and decisions, and to generally be more agile in the face of shifting market dynamics.
- Unified BI Portfolio from Google Cloud: Google Cloud’s business intelligence (BI) products are coming closer together to expand access to data and make it easier than ever for everyone to unlock new insights that drive innovation.
- Connected Sheets + Data Studio for Looker: With Connected Sheets for Looker and the ability to access Looker data models in Data Studio, this new unified experience offers a single and secure access point to experience data however the customers choose, whether that be through a Looker Explore, from a Google Sheet, or using the drag-and-drop Data Studio interface.
- Database Migration Program helps customers quickly and seamlessly accelerate the move from, on-premises and other clouds, to Google’s industry-leading managed database services. This includes tooling, resources, and expertise from partners and incentive funding to offset the cost of migrating databases to Google Cloud.
- Partner Ecosystem Updates: Key updates include a new Cloud-Ready – BigQuery Initiative, a preview of Analytics Hub for partner data sets on Google Cloud etc.
- Google Cloud Ready: BigQuery is a new designation that recognises partner solutions, like those of Informatica and Fivetran, that have met a core set of functional and interoperability requirements.
- Analytics Hub Preview: Google Cloud Analytics Hub is now in preview, helping partners like Neustar make their datasets more easily accessible for customers.
- Built with BigQuery: To date, more than 700 ISV partners have built their applications on BigQuery.
For more details, click here