Listen to this story
According to AIMResearch, the median salary of data science professionals in India has increased 25.4% year on year to INR 16.8 lakhs per annum. As a result, the demand for skilled professionals in data science and AI is on the rise.
The MTech program in Computer Science and Engineering with additional specialisation in data science and machine learning by SRM Institute of Science and Technology (accredited and approved by AICTE) is ideal for setting your data science career on the right track. The classes will be held at the Chennai Main campus during the weekends.
Why SRM University?
SRM University is one of the best universities in the country. Major milestones include:
- Secured rank #3 among top engineering institutes in India (Times Engineering Survey)
- Accredited with the highest ‘A++’ Grade (NAAC)
- Globally rated ‘Four Star’ University (QS World University Ranking)
- It has ranked #35 among the Top 50 Universities (MHRD – NIRF)
What’s in it for the students?
- Industry relevant curriculum-The program enables participants to gain an in-depth understanding of data science and machine learning techniques and tools that are widely used by companies. The program also imparts real-world skills to enable learners to become job-ready. The program includes sessions from seasoned professors and industry experts.
- Networking opportunities-Not only academic rigour, the program provides networking opportunities with peers to grow your professional network as well as mentorship from experts to gain industry insights
- Dedicated recruitment drives: Students will be able to attend job fairs conducted online and offline and get a chance to participate in the recruitment drives of top tech companies.
- Access to curated jobs: The career support team works with over 7800+ organisations to recommend the right jobs for the course participants.
- Interview preparation workshops: Students can familiarise themselves with commonly asked questions to crack interviews and get assistance in building a portfolio to showcase their skills and improve their chances of getting hired.
- Personalised career mentorship: Students will get an expert career mentor to help them navigate the job market.
- Upon completing the course, the students can choose roles like data scientist, data analyst, business analyst, ML engineer, big data engineer, etc., depending on their interests and strengths.
- Mathematical foundations of computer science
- Data structures and algorithms
- Object-oriented software engineering
- Database technology
- Data visualisation
- Advanced machine learning
- System programming
- Digital Image Processing
- Deep learning and applications
- Natural language processing
- Big data essentials
- Open elective 1
- Wireless sensor network
- Open elective 2
- Mtech project work
Students can choose any two from the following list. A minimum of 10 students must choose an elective for the course to be taught. The topics include Operations research, Industrial safety, Entrepreneurship and IPR and Human-Computer Interaction.
The program will follow a continuous evaluation scheme, and candidates will be evaluated in the courses they undergo through examinations, case studies, quizzes, assignments, and project reports.
How to apply?
- Register by filling up the online application form
- Go through an admission test and a screening call with the Admission Director’s office.
- If selected, the student will receive an offer of admission to the upcoming cohort. The student has to secure the seat by paying the admission fee.
- The fee for this course is INR 5,00,000. One can pay the admission fee and first instalment before program commencement followed by three equal quarterly instalments. ( Examination fee is not included in the program fee).