Recently, Redis Labs announced the general availability of Redis Enterprise-powered tiers on Azure Cache for Redis at the Microsoft Ignite 2021 event. The availability of the Enterprise tiers is said to enable companies to more effectively optimise for low-latency data access in their most critical applications.
The combination of Redis Enterprise and Azure Cache for Redis enables companies to always have access to the latest enterprise-grade Redis functionality, expanded use cases, and enterprise-grade active geo-replication deployment architected for five-nine uptime. It will also offer unique benefits to developers, operators, and ultimately the customer’s bottom line.
According to sources, the Enterprise tiers are fully managed by Microsoft and are the result of a year-long collaboration between the companies to provide the most highly available, resilient, scalable, and extensible Redis service to customers.
Talking about the new Enterprise tiers, Ofer Bengal, CEO and Co-Founder, Redis Labs stated, “Companies can now effortlessly incorporate the performance and reliability of Redis Enterprise with the breadth and simplicity of consumption Azure offers to serve a variety of low-latency use cases.” Bengal added, “This unique service enables customers to confidently operate Redis at scale with five-nines availability and active geo-redundancy, expanded use cases with Redis modules, and operate at a very attractive cost on Azure.”
New Redis functionality in the Enterprise tiers include the following-
- Up to 99.999% availability, leveraging Redis Enterprise’s active geo-replication technology and Azure’s multiple availability zone deployment capabilities
- Flexibility to build modern applications leveraging Redis Enterprise modules, including RediSearch, RedisTimeSeries, and RedisBloom
- Scale cost-effectively with Redis on Flash’s intelligent memory tiering to ensure the greatest cost savings for large datasets
- Redis 6.0––including all native Redis data structures (streams included), and advanced security capabilities
- A seamless, familiar Azure UI for configuration and integrations to Azure security and monitoring services
- Consumption-based pricing––only pay for what’s required, with no minimum commitments
Julia Liuson, Corporate Vice President, Developer Division at Microsoft Corp said, “The general availability of Redis Enterprise on Azure Cache for Redis underscores Microsoft’s commitment to work with partners to give developers the tools and features they need to create applications. Enterprises will have access to features like active geo-replication to create applications with unprecedented scale, availability, and performance.”
Click here to know more about the Enterprise tiers.
Join Our Telegram Group. Be part of an engaging online community. Join Here.
Subscribe to our NewsletterGet the latest updates and relevant offers by sharing your email.
A Technical Journalist who loves writing about Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. A lover of music, writing and learning something out of the box.