The Government of Rajasthan is working to provide a Big Data and Analytics environment to analyse state level data in order to enhance citizen services and engagement as well as increase the efficiency of departmental cross functional operations. For this project, they have chosen to collaborate with Teradata, a leading data and analytics company.
The Rajasthan State government plans to move from department level silos to an integrated data and analytics environment using Teradata’s solutions. This way, they plan to expand on its vision to bring greater transparency and efficiency, while also delivering citizen services to individuals across the state in a timely manner.
The Big Data Environment Project was created to benefit the state by “future-proofing” its IT architecture in order to build a state level integrated data platform that will become a common source of structured and unstructured data for data mining and analytics initiatives for all government departments. According to reports, this project by the Government of Rajasthan is a first-of-its-kind implementation for the Indian government.
Commenting on this strategic collaboration, Arun Chauhan, Additional Director, DoIT&C said:
“Presently, government data is managed within department-level silos assisted by department-centric IT applications. Under the new ‘Big data environment’ project, we have developed solutions to hold integrated data being generated real time across the state to help better address analytical requirements that facilitate state-level decision-making. Implementation of big data analytics solutions will empower government departmental users with improved analytical insights and thereby enable more effective and timely decision-making as well as improve the citizen engagement processes helping the authorities to deliver better services and greater citizen satisfaction."
The project will also enable a 360-degree citizens’ view by unifying multiple databases. Department of Information Technology and Communication (DoIT&C) will be able to improve the user experience of government services hosted on eMitra website by analysing the log, effectively addressing multi-lingual citizen grievances along with sentiment analysis. It will also be able to offer actionable intelligence to different departments in the Rajasthan Government to improve citizen services. Some of the key citizen services the project will address include:
- Determination of Eligibility of Beneficiaries: Using advanced analytical tools, to plan and track welfare schemes to ensure that benefits reach only eligible citizens; Identify deceased, invalid, and duplicate persons to eliminate duplicate benefit payments
- Unified Citizen Data: Unify all citizen data to improve understanding of information available across the multiple departments thereby providing cross-domain analysis of state data
- Easy Tracking of Beneficiaries Across Schemes: Helping to identify and eliminate duplicates as well as “ghost” beneficiaries by making use of ‘Bhamashah’ as the common identity for mapping residents with various schemes
- Enhanced Citizen Engagement: Enabling citizens to interact with government departments in a more expressive manner in their preferred language and in their preferred mode
- Fraud Detection: Establish a citizen’s financial status with tax data; Identify non-filers, short-filers, fraudulent activities, asset and income mismatches, 360-degree Dealer views, behavior analysis with peer groups, and identify anomalies
- Sentiment Analytics- Ability to perform analysis of unstructured data in the grievance portal to determine the root cause of grievances from Raj Sampark, e-Mitra portals and helpdesks
Register for our upcoming events:
- Meetup: NVIDIA RAPIDS GPU-Accelerated Data Analytics & Machine Learning Workshop, 18th Oct, Bangalore
- Join the Grand Finale of Intel Python HackFury2: 21st Oct, Bangalore
- Machine Learning Developers Summit 2020: 22-23rd Jan, Bangalore | 30-31st Jan, Hyderabad
Enjoyed this story? Join our Telegram group. And be part of an engaging community.
Provide your comments below
What's Your Reaction?
Prajakta is a Writer/Editor/Social Media diva. Lover of all that is 'quaint', her favourite things include dogs, Starbucks, butter popcorn, Jane Austen novels and neo-noir films. She has previously worked for HuffPost, CNN IBN, The Indian Express and Bose. You can reach her at email@example.com