The global artificial intelligence market size was valued at USD 93.5 billion in 2021 and is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate of 38.1% from 2022 to 2030, as per a report by Grand View Research. With so much data being generated every day by businesses, the need for skilled professionals who can not only understand this data well but also generate actionable insights from them will be at an all-time high. Therefore, now is the right time to invest in learning this high-demand skill set to stay ahead and prepared.
Investing in the right course in data science and AI can be a make or break for your career as it will set the ball rolling for your analytics career. The M Tech program in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence by SRM Institute of Science and Technology (accredited and approved by AICTE) is the right choice to hone your skills and set your data science career on the right track.
Sign up for your weekly dose of what's up in emerging technology.
The program will enable participants to gain an in-depth understanding of data science and AI and tools widely used by companies to solve business problems.
The program will take place during the weekends, and classes will be held at the Chennai Main campus, Kattankulathur.
Why SRM University?
SRM University is one of the best universities in the country, with various recognitions to its name.
- Secured rank #3 among top engineering institutes in India (Times Engineering Survey)
- Accredited with the highest ‘A++’ Grade (NAAC)
- Globally rated ‘Four Star’ University (QS World University Ranking)
- It has ranked #35 among the Top 50 Universities (MHRD – NIRF)
What’s in it for the students?
Students will get access to dedicated career services that will help them realise their full potential by connecting them to the right opportunities in the following ways:
- Dedicated recruitment drives: Students will be able to attend job fairs conducted online and across cities and participate in recruitment drives with top tech companies.
- Access to curated jobs: They will also be able to access a list of jobs relevant to their experience and domain. The career support team works with over 1200 organisations that can recommend the right jobs for the course participants.
- Interview preparation workshops: Students can familiarise themselves with commonly asked questions that will help them crack any technical interview and use their ePortfolio to showcase their skills and improve their chances of getting hired.
- Personalised career mentorship: The students will also get an expert career mentor personalised to their experience and industry, which will help them navigate their path to career success.
Upon completing the course, the students will be able to leverage the latest AI and data science tools and techniques in an AI or data science role. As a result, they will become ideal candidates for roles such as data scientist, data analyst, business analyst, ML engineer and big data engineer, etc.
- Python for data science – Python basics, data structures and handling, functions, Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-learn
- Statistical methods for decision making – Probability and distributions, hypothesis testing, ANOVA, ChiSquare, measures of dispersion, statistical simulation techniques, etc.
- Mathematical foundation – Linear algebra for data science, matrices and image processing, functions and derivatives, optimisation and loss functions
- Data analysis and visualisation – data storytelling, dashboard and visualisation principles, Tableau and PowerBI
- Machine learning – Linear regression, model deployment, supervised classification, logistic regression, K-nearest neighbours, decision trees, etc.
- Time series forecasting – Moving average, time series forecasting, auto-correlation, ARIMA
- Deep learning – Neural networks, CNN and applications, transfer learning and applications, NLP, computer vision
- Big data technology – Hadoop, NoSQL, MongoDB, batch processing (Hive, HBase), real-time processing (Spark, Kafka)
- Open electives – operations research, industrial safety, entrepreneurship and IPR, business analysis and communication, professional ethics.
- M Tech thesis
The program will follow a continuous evaluation scheme, and candidates will be evaluated in the courses they undergo through examinations, case studies, quizzes, assignments, and project reports.
How to apply?
- Register by filling up the online application form
- Go through an admission test and a screening call with the Admission Director’s office.
- If selected, the student will receive an offer of admission to the upcoming cohort. The student has to secure the seat by paying the admission fee.
The fee for this course is Rs 5,00,000. After paying the admission fee of Rs 50,000, the rest can be paid in four equal instalments. There is also the option of taking educational loans to pursue the course.